Campground of the Rockies (CORA), is a private RV Ranch located on Highway 285 south of Fairplay, Colorado, in Park County. The campground is a membership park, the campsites are for the private use of members and their guests only. It is governed as a Colorado HOA whose membership is limited to lot owners.
This 600 acre RV Ranch and Campground is located in the heart of the beautiful South Park Valley of Colorado. Ranging in elevation from 9,000 to 9,700 feet, the sites provide beautiful views of the surrounding mountain ranges.
Per Park County Zoning regulations, no camping unit may be occupied for more than six (6) months in any twelve (12) month period. Reference: Article V – Page 35 Park County Land Use Regulations Rev. 05/16
We are 101 miles from downtown Denver, 83 miles from Colorado Springs, and close to a number of small communities including the county seat, Fairplay (16 miles) and Buena Vista (20 miles).
The campsites are sold with a General Warranty Deed and Title Insurance. Purchasers acquire Legal Title to their campsite. THIS IS NOT A TIME-SHARING OR LEASING AGREEMENT. YOU OWN YOUR CAMPSITE!
Recreational facilities on common areas for the use of all lot owners include a lodge, bathhouse and launderette, a heated swimming pool, tennis/pickleball courts, playground, baseball diamond, horseshoes, hiking paths and horse corral. Antero Reservoir is just across the Highway, for great fishing! Free limited WiFi is available at many campsites and the clubhouse.
CAMPFIRE & BURN BAN INFORMATION
- You must have a campfire permit before lighting a campfire at your site.
- You no longer need to call Park County Fire information line before lighting a fire
- You are required to call the burn line 719-270-2967 to determine if a burn ban is in effect for Park County
- You are required to know the various rules and regulations of the North West Fire Protection District. If you have any questions, please visit the NWFPD.org for additional information. The Fairplay Fire Station #2 can also be contacted for assistance by calling 719-836-3150
- All Burn Permits are purchased online ONLY at NWFPD.org for a cost of $10.00 and are good for the entire season. They are no longer purchased in person.