The speed limit within the four campgrounds is 10 MPH, 5 MPH in some areas. The speed limit between campgrounds and the road to the upper campground is 15 MPH. Individuals can be fined by the board of directors for repeated speeding violations.
CAMPGROUND OF THE ROCKIES ASSOCIATION
- Place your propane tank, labeled with your lot number, inside the gate of the propane station before 1:00pm.
- All tanks will be filled, if certified, between 1:00 – 2:00pm daily. Once filled they will be placed outside the gate and a charge slip will be attached.
- Take your charge slip to the office during business hours and pay for your propane. You may also place a check made out to CORA for the amount of your propane and drop it through the slot in the office door when the office is closed.
Camp Fire – (amended 2021)
- You must have a campfire permit before lighting a campfire at your site.
- You no longer need to call Park County Fire information line before lighting a fire
- You are required to call the burn line 719-270-2967 to determine if a burn ban is in effect for Park County
- You are required to know the various rules and regulations of the North West Fire Protection District. If you have any questions, please visit the NWFPD.org for additional information. The Fairplay Fire Station #2 can also be contacted for assistance by calling 719-836-3150
- All Burn Permits are purchased online ONLY at NWFPD.org for a cost of $10.00 and are good for the entire season. They are no longer purchased in person.
- Hours: 9:00am to 8:00pm
- Aqua Aerobics 8:00am to 9:00am
- Children under 16 must be supervised by an adult present in the pool enclosure.
- Damage caused to the pool and/or equipment, by owners or guests, becomes the responsibility of the CORA owner. Any costs incurred to repair and/or replace will be billed to the owner.
- The CORA Wi-Fi system is a secure, password protected, free Wi-Fi system. You may obtain the password from the office during business hours. There is an open network available in the clubhouse. You may obtain the password from the office during business hours or posted at any of the Service Centers.
- The CORA Wi-Fi system is funded from the Cell Tower Lease revenue and not HOA fees. Due to topography, trees and other negative impacts it works better in some locations than others.
- Cora Net is a shared network and is to be used for general web surfing, checking email, online banking and other Internet activities not requiring large amounts of bandwidth. Individual usage is limited to 1 gigabyte per 24 hours. Users exceeding this limit may be denied access.
- If your wifi signal strength is poor at your site, “ways to improve your wifi service”.
An internet based social communication network.
Stay in touch with other CORA members by subscribing to this email network. To subscribe, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your name, lot # and email address. Whenever a subscriber wishes to communicate with all of the CORAFOLKS subscribers, they simply send one email to email@example.com and it is automatically broadcast to every subscriber.
Site Construction – What you need to know before you start:
TRASH, SLASH, LARGE WASTE MATERIAL & METAL SCRAP
- Dumpsters are for household trash generated during your stay at CORA.
- Do not place hazardous material, large objects, metal, wood, dirt or branches in dumpsters.
- There is a fenced burn pit for the disposal of slash only.
- Slash is defined as trees and brush less than 3 inch in diameter.
- No pine cones are permitted.
ICE: Ice is available for sale in the office during business hours.
Water Spigots: The state requires all water spigots to have a vacuum breaker installed. Vacuum breakers are available for purchase from the CORA office during business hours.
Selling/buying lots: If you are interested in buying or selling a lot at the Campground of the Rockies, please go to the Lots for Sales page.